Latham, New York on the second day of summer. We go tomorrow. A few days with no kids, no strings, no worries. We'll spend two days in the city and two days in the Adirondacks. Last year I spent an afternoon there in a bookstore reading Grace Paley. We sat on the edge of a mountain lake and watched the moon cross an expansive sky. Just breathing space for a few days.
Saturday, June 21, 2003
Previous Posts
- I sit out on my front porch with a breeze promisin...
- Saturday afternoon: A barn with sunlight streamin...
- Tuesday, 1 a.m. I can't sleep; I woke up after dr...
- "No matter where I roam, you know every single sou...
- I'm here. I really am. It's a chilly May, for th...
- Either the endorphins are kicking in or I truly am...
- A four year old held my hand tonight and smiled at...
- Life is precious. Friday, my very dear friend Kay...
- For one moment, I woke up today with nothing, not ...
- Bagdhad is in flames half a world away. Precious ...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home