A four year old held my hand tonight and smiled at me. For a moment. She was my friend for a moment. She showed me her special cross necklace to prove it.
On the stage last night a teenaged girl sang and danced and smiled at the audience. She's been my girl for as long as she can remember.
A woman recovering from head trauma, another who visits her, one who goes to a musical to see my daughter, a woman who shared my hospital room when our babies were born, one who understands me when I crash, a stranger whose son is a soldier. All these women have I crossed paths with the past two days.
On the stage last night a teenaged girl sang and danced and smiled at the audience. She's been my girl for as long as she can remember.
A woman recovering from head trauma, another who visits her, one who goes to a musical to see my daughter, a woman who shared my hospital room when our babies were born, one who understands me when I crash, a stranger whose son is a soldier. All these women have I crossed paths with the past two days.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home