Thursday, March 20, 2003

Restless nights.

Back down to earth. Once again, I am convinced Etty is right. We must root out the evil in our own hearts if we are to make any kind of a difference.

Words have not made any difference to our illustrious leaders in Washington. My letters have gone unheeded. The protests my friends or I have gone to have not swayed my president's opinion. I admit I am paying for those bombs dropping on Baghdad--how many dollars in taxes have I paid over the last 25 years? Somehow, I thought that being a law-abiding citizen, getting educated on issues, and exercising my right to vote would be enough to sustain the democratic principles of this nation. Ha. I didn't factor in the influence of powerlust, hatred, and greed on our leaders. On all of us.

Praying for the people of Iraq. Praying for the people who are acting as agents of death. Praying for our leaders and their failings, which I know I carry in my own heart. Most of all right now, I'm praying for my friend Cliff, probably camped out at a water treatment plant in Baghdad. Please come home safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home