Last night, watching Gladiator for the first time, I was blown away. Not so much by the story as by what lies beneath. "Is Rome worth the life of one good man?" asks Lucilla as she rises from the body of Maximus. What is worth the life of one good man or woman? A warrior is willing to give his life for his cause. Would I be?
Friday, February 28, 2003
Previous Posts
- Hypocrites make me really mad, okay? (I know I'm...
- When I close my eyes and breathe in the evening ai...
- Wednesday morning, 6:18 a.m. Old snow on ground. ...
- It is an amazing thing to have have been sheltered...
- So I'm teaching sixth graders about ancient Greece...
- Poet. My friend Sheila sent me a Rilke poem. Bea...
- It was a hard day so I looked up "balm for the spi...
- Note to myself: At the Chinese restaurant the othe...
- Reentry. It's early Tuesday. Back to real life. ...
- The Nashville Universe. When is the last time you...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home