"I'd been busy, busy, so busy, preparing for life, while life floated by me, quiet and swift as a regatta."
~ Lorene Cary
It's Sunday morning and I'm the only one up. I love this time. It's quiet, I don't have to think about work (although it's never too far from my mind), the standoffish cat, Amelie, jumps up and wants me to pet her, giving my hand little love bites if I stop. I'm the lucky one in the house, I think, just by virtue of being the mother; Amelie favors my company.
The Cary quote above; this is how I feel these days. Loose ends run my life. I've a million things to prepare for and I do a little of this, a little of that. I long for blocks of time to attend to one thing, but it ain't happening. I have a two and a half day training coming up at the end of this week, with two co-leaders, and endless details to consider. Lately I've picked up knitting. It's like a relief that I'm being productive while I watch a movie, more things being accomplished! But what I really want to do is sit and read for hours on end. And I want to escape the details and difficult relationships and just relax. How many months until vacation?
~ Lorene Cary
It's Sunday morning and I'm the only one up. I love this time. It's quiet, I don't have to think about work (although it's never too far from my mind), the standoffish cat, Amelie, jumps up and wants me to pet her, giving my hand little love bites if I stop. I'm the lucky one in the house, I think, just by virtue of being the mother; Amelie favors my company.
The Cary quote above; this is how I feel these days. Loose ends run my life. I've a million things to prepare for and I do a little of this, a little of that. I long for blocks of time to attend to one thing, but it ain't happening. I have a two and a half day training coming up at the end of this week, with two co-leaders, and endless details to consider. Lately I've picked up knitting. It's like a relief that I'm being productive while I watch a movie, more things being accomplished! But what I really want to do is sit and read for hours on end. And I want to escape the details and difficult relationships and just relax. How many months until vacation?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home