You are to gather up the joys and sorrows, the struggles, the beauty, love, dreams and hopes of every hour that they may be consecrated at the altar of daily life.
~MacRina Wiederkehr
Today, a quick trip to my hometown to meet Lynne and shop for beads at a bead show. My first bead show, that is. I have the money I raised from a jewelry party last month, I have a little list of requests from the women at the jail (stars, four leaf clovers, pisces charm, and baby footprints) and I'm ready to go. I'm all giddy about this trip. I love my volunteer job. Two of the women face the judge on Monday and are pretty scared. Please pray for them, if you feel so moved. Me, I wish there was more to our local justice system than just time behind bars. How about support for the mothers, parenting skills, education, job placement and mentoring to start?
~MacRina Wiederkehr
Today, a quick trip to my hometown to meet Lynne and shop for beads at a bead show. My first bead show, that is. I have the money I raised from a jewelry party last month, I have a little list of requests from the women at the jail (stars, four leaf clovers, pisces charm, and baby footprints) and I'm ready to go. I'm all giddy about this trip. I love my volunteer job. Two of the women face the judge on Monday and are pretty scared. Please pray for them, if you feel so moved. Me, I wish there was more to our local justice system than just time behind bars. How about support for the mothers, parenting skills, education, job placement and mentoring to start?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home