I spent the weekend training 14 people in mediation skills with two awesome co-trainers. Here is what I love about training in conflict transformation:
1. the people who come to these workshops want to be there so they jump in and ask questions, do the roleplays and are enthusiastic
2. these same people, because they are attracted to this kind of work, are already on their way and bring all kinds of insight and skills
3. this is the kind of thing where I don't have all the answers, where when a difficult question is asked, I can give a rough answer, open the floor, and then we all analyze together
4. sometimes someone says, "I can't believe what I'm learning. I'm seeing all kinds of possibilities in my personal and professional life. I'm seeing where I probably have made some mistakes. I feel like my life is going to change."
That happened this weekend. It is good.
1. the people who come to these workshops want to be there so they jump in and ask questions, do the roleplays and are enthusiastic
2. these same people, because they are attracted to this kind of work, are already on their way and bring all kinds of insight and skills
3. this is the kind of thing where I don't have all the answers, where when a difficult question is asked, I can give a rough answer, open the floor, and then we all analyze together
4. sometimes someone says, "I can't believe what I'm learning. I'm seeing all kinds of possibilities in my personal and professional life. I'm seeing where I probably have made some mistakes. I feel like my life is going to change."
That happened this weekend. It is good.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home