Sunday, January 12, 2003

There are things to celebrate--the commutation of the Illinois Death Row inmates sentences. To think this could happen!! I know there is great rejoicing among the peace people. Would that this could happen to my friend and brother Keith.

Things that make me hesitate with fear--will there be a war? This moment it's yes, two hours from now, it's no. Every time a world leader speaks, every time a new article is written, the balance tips one way, then another.

Things to anticipate--a trip to Nashville to see my good friend Anne, hopefully my friend James, and Anne's beloved community of friends. My flight is Friday.

Work I need to dedicate myself to--the school year is halfway over Friday, and there is so much to cover.



This morning, I saw the great orange sun rise over a silver world. What are my joys and worries to this? Will the sun remember these small things about me a thousand years from now? I think not, and somehow this gives me comfort.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home