I have to look at my life these days and try to find beauty in the bustle. It's hard because I can barely breathe, let alone reflect I think about three girls I teach who cannot seem to get along, although they desperately want to have each other for friends. These girls come to me with their own issues; I can only guess at the lack of parenting at home.
These girls drive me crazy. They cannot sit down and do their work. They whisper across the room. I have to tell them to get to work many times a day. They get into trouble and lose recesses now and then. They get mad at me when I discipline them. I get mad that I have to discipline them. But still, every morning they come to me with big smiles on their faces and tell me about something that happened at home, or at a friend's house. And I forget all the discipline crap and listen and exclaim. Little love offerings given and reciprocated.
Beauty in the everyday.
These girls drive me crazy. They cannot sit down and do their work. They whisper across the room. I have to tell them to get to work many times a day. They get into trouble and lose recesses now and then. They get mad at me when I discipline them. I get mad that I have to discipline them. But still, every morning they come to me with big smiles on their faces and tell me about something that happened at home, or at a friend's house. And I forget all the discipline crap and listen and exclaim. Little love offerings given and reciprocated.
Beauty in the everyday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home