It's a week of taking stock and shedding. What is important? Why do I worry so over small things? Why am I concerned about the trivial when the leaders of this land are about to impose a deadly chaos on an impoverished country? Hours in the car listening to an inner dialogue, looking for an inner silence. Trying to come up with a focus for a new year, that is, yes to the things which make for a better world--inner peace leading to outer peace, more time spent on the meaningful, less time on the frivolous, and no to the things which lead to turmoil and suffering. It's about simplicity now, next year, whenever, breathing, living moment by moment, and for heaven's sakes, losing the anxiety about what other people think about my actions.
Friday, December 27, 2002
Previous Posts
- This new little kitten moved in today. She's a cr...
- We've slept in for two days in a row. Imagine tha...
- I have to look at my life these days and try to fi...
- The three best: True, I am a forest, and a night ...
- It's very, very quiet here. The snow is falling, ...
- It was the Buddha. He did it. I'm in survival mo...
- It's been over a week since I last wrote on this h...
- Snow sparkles like eyesight falling to earth, Like...
- May there be peace in heaven, may there be peace i...
- At church today, a friend walks up and says, "I wa...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home