In the woods today, Lynne and I squealed with delight as I showed her the secret of the wildflower named touch-me-not. Touch-me-nots, or jewelweed, are aptly named. If you come up to one at just the right time of the year and touch its seedpod, the pod spontaneously bursts open and shoots out it's seeds. It's a startling little natural event, and very fun to witness. Lynne and I had both spent time trying to figure out how to make this happen by touching the flower itself rather than the pod, but somebody showed me the right way to do it yesterday. So today, we harvested touch-me-not seeds. We're easily entertained, Lynne and I.
Last night, we had a little party here, eating yummy japanese food, and listening to good music with friends from Greg's high school days. With the kids seated nearby, we ate dinner together around the kitchen table, cracking up at old Monty Python and Saturday Night Live sketches, performed ad lib by two of Greg's oldest friends. When everyone had gone home, Greg and Lynne and John and I sat in the backyard talking and drinking home-brewed weissen beer. It was very good. I'm feeling very rich again.
Last night, we had a little party here, eating yummy japanese food, and listening to good music with friends from Greg's high school days. With the kids seated nearby, we ate dinner together around the kitchen table, cracking up at old Monty Python and Saturday Night Live sketches, performed ad lib by two of Greg's oldest friends. When everyone had gone home, Greg and Lynne and John and I sat in the backyard talking and drinking home-brewed weissen beer. It was very good. I'm feeling very rich again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home