Friday, September 06, 2002

Last night was an exhausting night. First I dreamed for what seemed a long, long time that I had to get to Nashville to say goodbye to a friend, but Nashville is eight hours away and I had only one evening to get there and back. I couldn't figure out how to do this. Suddenly, I found myself there, but she was gone. So I tried to look up the phone number of some acquaintances there but I couldn't find the number.

Then I dreamed that I was at work, and somehow I knew that my kids didn't get on the bus that morning to go to school, and I needed to call them to check on them. I kept trying to call home, but the numbers on the keypad had worn off and I couldn't dial the number. It was a complicated keypad, like a calculator, with lots of extra keys. My teaching partner and I kept arguing about which number belonged where. I never could make that call. Later, I was at home, and I found the kids. I didn't talk about to them about missing the bus, preferring to wait for them to tell me. An old man called me to give me an eyewitness account of the bus stop episode, but as soon as he told me who he was, the call was disconnected. I never heard the story of the missed bus.

I woke up, head spinning, at five a.m. and here I am. Where in the heck is my brain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home