I love the clerks at Barnes and Noble because I always have a good time with them. Usually I deal with college students there, and we crack up together. Last night, I asked the clean-looking young sales associate where I could find books on massage therapy. He looked it up, said, "We have a whole section on them somewhere around here. Follow me." And then he did this little two steppin' dance right there on the sales floor, all in a moment. It was completely cute. So I said, "Wow, you dance, too." He looked at me smilingly, all open-faced, and said unabashedly, "Yeah, it helps me remember." We both cracked up. Then I trotted after this endearing, sideburned guy to the reflexology/massage shelf. It was delightful.
Last month I was in the same Barnes and Noble with another college student clerk. This guy, too, had the sideburn thing going. But he looked more mature, like graduate school. As I strode up to pay for my purchases, there on the counter rack was Cher's latest cd. She was in this hideous cut up jumpsuit thing on the cover. "How're ya doing?' the clerk asked me. "Great," I said and showed Cher to him, saying, "This woman is scary." He laughed and said, "Why doesn't she just stop?" "Yeah I know," I said nodding, and then we laughed some more and shared Cher witticisms for the next several minutes. I drove on home, smiling.
Last month I was in the same Barnes and Noble with another college student clerk. This guy, too, had the sideburn thing going. But he looked more mature, like graduate school. As I strode up to pay for my purchases, there on the counter rack was Cher's latest cd. She was in this hideous cut up jumpsuit thing on the cover. "How're ya doing?' the clerk asked me. "Great," I said and showed Cher to him, saying, "This woman is scary." He laughed and said, "Why doesn't she just stop?" "Yeah I know," I said nodding, and then we laughed some more and shared Cher witticisms for the next several minutes. I drove on home, smiling.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home