I am filled up. With love, goodwill, and music. This must be what Woodstock was like. And I can't put it any better. I am full. Sunshine, starlight, moonlight. I'm splashing in it and watching the colors play around me right now.
I went to Borders with my sweet friend Beth, and listened to Carrie Newcomer play. She was right there seven feet away from me singing her wide-open soul out. Earlier Beth and I had eaten Borders grilled cheese and chips and talked about all the woman stuff that needed talking about. We laughed. In the middle of this I got a call from Bananie, heading home, telling me she's sending out a prayer to my friend Keith as she drives through Mansfield Ohio, home of MANCI, Keith's prison. Gratitude.
Beth and I went on to listen to Carrie, chatted briefly with her afterward, and then I ran into my awesome pastor Christen, me trying to give her all the lovin' support I could before she attends a tense meeting tomorrow. Later at home, I called a dear old friend to wish him a happy fortieth birthday. Twenty two years ago, tonight, we shared our eighteenth birthday party together, Roddy and I. We just cracked up on the phone, talking kids, family, old friends. Now, there is nothing more for me to do. I've done it all, and I'm smiling.
I went to Borders with my sweet friend Beth, and listened to Carrie Newcomer play. She was right there seven feet away from me singing her wide-open soul out. Earlier Beth and I had eaten Borders grilled cheese and chips and talked about all the woman stuff that needed talking about. We laughed. In the middle of this I got a call from Bananie, heading home, telling me she's sending out a prayer to my friend Keith as she drives through Mansfield Ohio, home of MANCI, Keith's prison. Gratitude.
Beth and I went on to listen to Carrie, chatted briefly with her afterward, and then I ran into my awesome pastor Christen, me trying to give her all the lovin' support I could before she attends a tense meeting tomorrow. Later at home, I called a dear old friend to wish him a happy fortieth birthday. Twenty two years ago, tonight, we shared our eighteenth birthday party together, Roddy and I. We just cracked up on the phone, talking kids, family, old friends. Now, there is nothing more for me to do. I've done it all, and I'm smiling.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home