Last night, a mediation between in-laws. Yet another gentle reminder that we all take things too seriously and we cannot control every aspect of life. Sometimes when I hear laundry lists of he did this and she did that, I'm like, hello, there's a cholera outbreak in Afghanistan and there were five molestation reports in the morning paper. Let go--you have a good life. In reality, as a good neutral third party, I paraphrase briefly and ask if there's anything else. Oh, and people really need to work on anger management. You do not assault your in-law. Ever.
Having removed yesterday's incriminating post, I have to say I'm feeling good about parental boundaries this week. Keeping my distance, not nosing around for details, not trying to control (yay for me), just taking the info I've been given, being open, positive and supportive. (Woohoo, I guess I'm a saint this week, eh?)
Having removed yesterday's incriminating post, I have to say I'm feeling good about parental boundaries this week. Keeping my distance, not nosing around for details, not trying to control (yay for me), just taking the info I've been given, being open, positive and supportive. (Woohoo, I guess I'm a saint this week, eh?)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home