Sunday, June 12, 2005

This morning I dreamed a dream so vivid, it burned through everything. The details are inconsequential, a band, a city, a performance I attended, a kiss, and Pierce Brosnan of all people. But I dreamed it so intensely that when I woke up, I sat in the morning light blinking. And every worry I have was gone. The mist of vague anxiety that I live under had lifted. The thing is, I didn't even realize how pervasive it is, this fog. It settles over everything, but I can see through it. I become aware of it when I'm anxious about things, which is much of the time, but until I awoke to the absence of it, I guess I hadn't noticed that it is the flavor of my life. And I'll even describe myself as an anxious person. It's like I'm the frog in the pan of water and the temperature is always elevated. Not boiling, just hotter than normal.

So. Here I am, 7:20 am Sunday morning, still blinking, relieved. How do I keep this?



(Note to Amber--I know I've been tagged. Give me a day or two.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home