Hot, sunny Sunday. Anyone who has been doubting Summer's arrival is now certain. She was late, but she's camped outside the door, settling in, basking in the 88 degree morning sunshine. Rain is forecast this afternoon. All the farmers around here wait with baited breath. The last droughty summer is a fading memory. I s'pose it's time again.
I'm just living my life these days, staying close to home. We took the kids and some of their friends to the city last night to see Star Wars, but K. and her friend saw Madagascar instead. They concurred that 1) it's not a kid movie and 2) the penguins were cool. I could say the same for Star Wars. It is not a kids movie. But I didn't see any penguins. All the way home, the four kids bantered in the back seats. It made me feel good; made me feel like the poster child for involved mothers. Yes, we do function like a normal family. And we have fun together! And now off to lunch.
I'm just living my life these days, staying close to home. We took the kids and some of their friends to the city last night to see Star Wars, but K. and her friend saw Madagascar instead. They concurred that 1) it's not a kid movie and 2) the penguins were cool. I could say the same for Star Wars. It is not a kids movie. But I didn't see any penguins. All the way home, the four kids bantered in the back seats. It made me feel good; made me feel like the poster child for involved mothers. Yes, we do function like a normal family. And we have fun together! And now off to lunch.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home