Friday, May 27, 2005

I work with the coolest people ever. I do. I just spent two days with them in staff retreat at one of the co-director's houses in Kentucky. We had afternoon meetings on her deck with the birds flying to the feeder. We ate veggie the entire time. One evening we went to the local Mexican restaurant and had a fabulous dinner. As we got ready to leave, we lingered to talk to the owner. Two of us stayed up late one night, talking about our lives, trying to figure things out. I have high respect for every one of these people, and I learn from them. We listen. We disagree, but we're kind. As I drove home late yesterday afternoon, I felt like I had been at a spiritual retreat. Clean, calm. How many people can say that after two full days closeted with staff?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home