Saturday, June 11, 2005

Life is good, but odd. Greg is camping solo in Canada. This is day 4. He'll be home tomorrow. How does he do this when I leave for days at a time? It's pretty easy to get through the days, get people where they need to be, get work done, but it's kind of lonely.

Things go well for my girl. She's happy, I'm happy. And while things are going well and life is light, I study up on how to build some healthy boundaries with her so that my well-being is not overly wrapped up with hers. Then when things aren't going well, I won't have to say, things are going shitty for her, they're shitty for me, too. No. I'll get this figured out and we'll both be the picture of wellness.

My boy is in Indy with his mentor. A quiet day. Lawn is mowed, dishes done, next is laundry. I look out upon this garden around the side and back of the house and decide, after 5 years living here, that it's a jungle and I need to tackle it. Tomorrow.

"We cannot change the past, but we can change our attitude toward it. Uproot guilt and plant forgiveness. Tear out arrogance and seed humility. Exchange love for hate --- thereby, making the present comfortable and the future promising."
~Maya Angelou

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home