Worship this morning in the cathedral of Wildwood, a nature preserve 15 minutes away. The three of us--sans K. who is in Canada on a band trip and called at 8 am to say happy mother's day, sweet girl--wandered through the woods and wetlands. It was riotous with wildflowers. Every May it's a reunion with my little friends, spring beauty, trillium, may apple, valerian and rue anemone. Greg recorded the birds, gazing skyward while I hiked eyes cast down. And K. took his water bottle and did his part watering every flower I named. Near the end of the pilgrimage, deep in the woods, I started hunting for the twin leaves that herald my favorite wildflower. And there it was, off the beaten path. Jack-in-the-pulpit. I kneeled down and kissed it's sweet blossom, as I do every year. Hello, Jack, I said. It is so good to see you again. I lingered a few moments, then got up and found the path again. Today I'm rich.
Sunday, May 08, 2005
Previous Posts
- Today: chores, errands and a soccer game before 1...
- I should have started work an hour ago. But here ...
- A day taken off, spent lying in bed and in the sun...
- Navajo Prayer of Healing (Affirmation)In the house...
- Oh, Anne Lamott, won't you be my new best friend? ...
- Sunny Sunday morning. Rain is forecast but I don'...
- I dreamed again last night. This time, I was with ...
- I dreamed that the war had started here. That Gre...
- "There's a woman who is offering a spirit like win...
- Last night, the Seder meal at the home of friends....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home