I dreamed again last night. This time, I was with old friends, at their house. Just over there, across the way, was an apartment building inhabited by an odd assortment of people. These people scared me, freakish and unfriendly. And somehow I'd been given the job of checking in on everyone. So, with trepidation I approached the apartment building, went in, and started knocking on doors. As I moved from door to door, I knew the people questioned my presence. I'd knock, look through the window in the door, call out and make sure it was okay. An oldster from the building followed me and explained to me the residents I encountered. But then I came to a door with a dark window, and looked inside. There, in dim light was a child, a monster child, chained up, and she wanted out. Hairless, big head, skin greenish gray; if I let her out, she would overcome me with her monstrous ways. So I moved on, fearful, feeling a twinge of sympathy at her plight. I returned to my friends' party. From afar I heard a small "Help! Help!" and I knew it was the monster child. I wondered who fed and took care of her, and was she okay. Was her cry a trick to get me to feel sorry for her and set her free? Was she in distress? Was she dangerous? I worried about her but I would not let her out. My heart was hard.
Saturday, April 30, 2005
Previous Posts
- I dreamed that the war had started here. That Gre...
- "There's a woman who is offering a spirit like win...
- Last night, the Seder meal at the home of friends....
- 8:30 am, Saturday morning, in the bathroom. We're...
- The little things that make this life crazy sweet ...
- This is what it's like to be gone almost two weeks...
- It's dandelion day. Maybe 80 degrees, sunny. I'm...
- It's dandelion day. Maybe 80 degrees, sunny. I'm...
- I'm here--I just can't get to the blog.
- Has it been a week? Where does the time go?Garden...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home