The little things that make this life crazy sweet are time with Beth and that nouveau antique diamond ring on her left hand, the announcement by a friend of a baby come December, the demise of premature drought and return to spring, affectionate teenage hugs, Napoleon Dynamite impersonations (but only once a day, okay, K.?), a husband asking about plans for next month's twentieth anniversary, and two good books by two good women. (Plan B is in, the librarian tells me). Oh, and the craziness is always work and neverending laundry.
I'm going to LaFayette today. This meeting I look forward to--no conflicts here, just planning a booth for the summer. I'll leave early and run to Borders and muse over whether or not I can afford Nora Gallagher's new book. Stealing time on my own--rainy day and bookstore. Sounds good.
I'm going to LaFayette today. This meeting I look forward to--no conflicts here, just planning a booth for the summer. I'll leave early and run to Borders and muse over whether or not I can afford Nora Gallagher's new book. Stealing time on my own--rainy day and bookstore. Sounds good.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home