Saturday, April 23, 2005

8:30 am, Saturday morning, in the bathroom. We're putting on our make up, she and I, and I'm saying things like, "It's okay to ask how much they're going to pay you, and what your hours are, and what they expect. Ask questions!!" She rolls her eyes. We get into the car, drive to the little inn at the edge of town and I say, "Work hard, smile, have fun, but really, work hard!!" Her friend, hired along with her, has already arrived. I drop her off. "Love you," she calls, and runs up to her friend to give her a "can you believe it?" hug. Me, I burst into mommy tears. I've waited so long for all of this for her. The high school musical last week, this week, the first job. Her life is opening up. Friends, we have come so far from last year. Celebrate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home