Saturday, May 07, 2005

Today: chores, errands and a soccer game before 11. Then off to a friend's graduation. A worship service, a picnic, a long drive home. It's starting to feel a bit summerish.

Tomorrow: worship, maybe. A long afternoon and a barbecue. The high predicted is 77.

I try to locate the sunshine within. Where does it reside? Lately it's in the kid's small victories. Let me be clear; stormy gray clouds obscure this way too much. But that inner smile is about the progress one child makes with a new friend, and the other child who made me come to the window yesterday to see the bunny in the garden. Also, the fact that the warblers are on the move and Greg is tracking them. I don't go, but it's a cool thing to sleep beside the man who loves the birds. Finally, little joys in my job. The fact that my desk is clean. The friend who's contracted to work in a congregation for me--staying up late talking shop with him last night in my living room. The binder I put together for a 7 week course in conflict transformation. I know this sounds completely boring but I love writing curriculum. I love planning a lesson as much as teaching it. I love coming up with an activity that gets everyone involved.

"Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets; then can come the best of benedictions - "If I had my life to live over again, I'd do it all the same"
~Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home