A very quiet afternoon. I'm by myself. Greg took K. out to a parking lot to teach her to drive. I cannot wait for her to come home and tell me about her first time behind the wheel! (God, I'm getting old.)
I should be folding laundry, but no, I'm doing my favorite thing here. And well I should--I'll be all over the country, literally, for the next three weekends in a row. So--it's a blue sky day, the crocuses are up, the kitty lays in a patch of sunshine at my feet. It's Saturday afternoon, I have a long awaited date tonight with my husband.
There's some kind of quiet I have going on inside this week, I don't know where it comes from, the moment of deciding (or not deciding) about ministry long past. I'm just grateful for it. I do, amazingly, have a favorite hymn (and I've often found myself anti-hymn), with the line "no storm can shake my inmost calm..." That is where I am.
I should be folding laundry, but no, I'm doing my favorite thing here. And well I should--I'll be all over the country, literally, for the next three weekends in a row. So--it's a blue sky day, the crocuses are up, the kitty lays in a patch of sunshine at my feet. It's Saturday afternoon, I have a long awaited date tonight with my husband.
There's some kind of quiet I have going on inside this week, I don't know where it comes from, the moment of deciding (or not deciding) about ministry long past. I'm just grateful for it. I do, amazingly, have a favorite hymn (and I've often found myself anti-hymn), with the line "no storm can shake my inmost calm..." That is where I am.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home