Christy wrote yesterday on the invisible reminders of physical grace. Oh, for grace. I love the word, I love the spaciousness of it. I love what Ramakrisha tells me: "The winds of grace are always blowing, but you have to raise the sail." When the word is spoken, it brings a deep-seated calm, a rose-tinged sunrise on the horizon of a silver world. A hush, a warmth, the grace of a warm breeze now, hinting at spring in late winter. We need it, we search for it, and it's been here all the time, like the spoken words and the ruby slippers offering safe passage. We who are closed-handed, who live in warm houses, our physical needs fulfilled, forget. It is by grace we have come to all of this.
"You are so weak: Give up to grace. The ocean takes care of each wave 'til it gets to shore. You need more help than you know."
~Jalaluddin Rumi
"You are so weak: Give up to grace. The ocean takes care of each wave 'til it gets to shore. You need more help than you know."
~Jalaluddin Rumi


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home