Friday, February 04, 2005

The fog this morning is thick and thicker. Somewhere, behind it is a sunny day. In the meantime, I think they're going to cancel school. Did we ever have days where they cancelled school because of fog? No, I don't believe so. But we also zoomed around town in huge cars and vans with no seatbelts, some of us standing, yes standing, on the front seat next to our mothers. (Only not me, it was my best friend's little sister.) It was a different time and place.

(My son alternates between his Runescape game and checking the local radio station school delay website over and over looking for the magic words. Nope, not yet.)

I'm packed. I'm off to Southern Ohio today to help run a retreat for a very cool church board. I'll be gone just over 24 hours so it's an easy assignment. Sunday I'm leaving on a jet plane for another 24 hour gig. This is almost glamorous except the destinations are wintry places, not too far away. Maybe some day, there'll be some Caribbean assignment (doubtful), and I'll be the one to go.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home