It was knitting today in the jail. A group of eight showed up, pretty much the same number as always. Two assistants came along, a friend and my daughter who happened to have the morning off of school. I have to say I'm so proud of these women!! They stuck with it--none of them are knitters. So we have 8 eyelash scarves going and a bunch of women feeling proud of their accomplishments. As for me, I'm happy to haul around yarn--it's a lot less hassle than the beads.
Friday, a speaking engagement to the local Church Women United on Peace and Social Justice for women. I'll speak some about the women in the jail and what social justice means to them. I want to speak, too, about compassion, and people getting a good start on life. About education and childcare and health insurance and parenting classes in high school. About raising boys who respect and support women. That's just for a start. Any thoughts on the topic?
Friday, a speaking engagement to the local Church Women United on Peace and Social Justice for women. I'll speak some about the women in the jail and what social justice means to them. I want to speak, too, about compassion, and people getting a good start on life. About education and childcare and health insurance and parenting classes in high school. About raising boys who respect and support women. That's just for a start. Any thoughts on the topic?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home