Sunday, December 26, 2004

The world is a snowglobe today, all the way from our hometown to our house. We've come home to feed the pets, then a trip back up North for another day and a half, which includes, we hope, fixing the car that broke down on the way up. (Many thanks to relatives and friends willing to loan cars.)

Friends, it's time to close Mercy Street down. It's been a beautiful two and a half years and now it's time to move on. I'll still be writing, but I think it's time for a private blog. I'm grateful for our connections here in the blog world, grateful to know so many kind and committed people exist. I'm grateful that writing has become a small discipline in a life that seems pretty much all over the place as far as commitment to discipline seems concerned. I wish you all the best, open hearts, gratitude, compassion, and all that makes life worth living.

"When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to discover that it's bottomless, that it doesn't have any resolution, that this heart is huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to discover how much warmth and gentleness is there, as well as how much space."
~Pema Chodron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home