Wintermind.
The sun is shining brilliantly today on new snow. It's melting. I look at the calendar-almost February. Here is the truth about me. I've been living in wintermind. Cocooned. I sleep in on weekdays until 6:30, weekends until 7:30 or 8:00. I love it--sleeping in through the dark mornings. It's so wintry. Most days I start work at 9, which becomes a problem when the kids arrive home at 3:30. But why get up earlier when it's so warm under the down comforter? It's winter, and winter has its own joys.
But today, with the sunshine, my spring mind is just starting to wake up. I feel it. I want to start walking in the mornings again, something we gave up in November. It'll be worth my while to wake up earlier than everyone else and have the quiet house to myself. Oh, and the crunches and the push-ups. Time to get in shape. And I'm thinking about birds. I heard them singing lately and it made me remember that other life, the one where the windows are open and the breezes blow warm. What will I do with the garden on the side of the house this year?
The sun is shining brilliantly today on new snow. It's melting. I look at the calendar-almost February. Here is the truth about me. I've been living in wintermind. Cocooned. I sleep in on weekdays until 6:30, weekends until 7:30 or 8:00. I love it--sleeping in through the dark mornings. It's so wintry. Most days I start work at 9, which becomes a problem when the kids arrive home at 3:30. But why get up earlier when it's so warm under the down comforter? It's winter, and winter has its own joys.
But today, with the sunshine, my spring mind is just starting to wake up. I feel it. I want to start walking in the mornings again, something we gave up in November. It'll be worth my while to wake up earlier than everyone else and have the quiet house to myself. Oh, and the crunches and the push-ups. Time to get in shape. And I'm thinking about birds. I heard them singing lately and it made me remember that other life, the one where the windows are open and the breezes blow warm. What will I do with the garden on the side of the house this year?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home