A friend feels stuck, he tells me. Knowing he needs to make changes, but feeling unsure of how to proceed. It's a painful thing. I wish I could tell him what to do, but all I asked him was what he needed in order to be able to hear his inner voice. What obstacles were in the way? So he went and got a massage and pondered that question.
How nice that I could come up with that. I feel like I need to listen to my inner voice these days. But I'm busy. A big meeting Monday morning in which I find myself responsible for a significant part. A child to drive hither and yon. Work that will keep me busy far beyond my 3/4 time. A Wednesday morning volunteer gig. And day after day, no time to sit quietly with a spiritual read at my side. This is not how I want it.
"I do believe it is possible to create, even without ever writing a word or painting a picture, by simply molding one's inner life. And that too is a deed."
~Etty Hillesum
How nice that I could come up with that. I feel like I need to listen to my inner voice these days. But I'm busy. A big meeting Monday morning in which I find myself responsible for a significant part. A child to drive hither and yon. Work that will keep me busy far beyond my 3/4 time. A Wednesday morning volunteer gig. And day after day, no time to sit quietly with a spiritual read at my side. This is not how I want it.
"I do believe it is possible to create, even without ever writing a word or painting a picture, by simply molding one's inner life. And that too is a deed."
~Etty Hillesum


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home