I find that I have to write an article on dialogue. Deadline: Monday. So I look through my books and files and turn to the web. I end up finding the coolest stuff.
"When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand. Ideas actually begin to grow within us and come to life."
~Brenda Ueland
"An enemy is one whose story we have not heard."
~Gene Knudsen-Hoffman
"Conversation in the United States is a competitive exercise in which the first person to draw a breath is considered the listener."
~Nathan Miller
"Truth is the on-going conversation about things that matter, conducted with passion and discipline. It's not about conclusions, for those change; it's about staying engaged with passion and discipline."
~Parker Palmer
Okay, so I'm off to write the article. Tomorrow, to Maryland for a week in the office with the rest of the staff. I think summer will come back when I arrive there--warmer weather than this crisp fall air we've had here.
"When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand. Ideas actually begin to grow within us and come to life."
~Brenda Ueland
"An enemy is one whose story we have not heard."
~Gene Knudsen-Hoffman
"Conversation in the United States is a competitive exercise in which the first person to draw a breath is considered the listener."
~Nathan Miller
"Truth is the on-going conversation about things that matter, conducted with passion and discipline. It's not about conclusions, for those change; it's about staying engaged with passion and discipline."
~Parker Palmer
Okay, so I'm off to write the article. Tomorrow, to Maryland for a week in the office with the rest of the staff. I think summer will come back when I arrive there--warmer weather than this crisp fall air we've had here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home