Friday, July 30, 2004

I keep wanting to put up quotes, cool ones, an Etty Hillesum or maybe something from this Zen parenting book I'm reading, but no time to search. 

My life these days is about sorting.  In the house, a sorting the wheat from the chaff kind of thing--trying to shed junk and organize.  I've gotten into a routine, finally, that kind of makes working at home work, but it involves getting up at 5.  I can do it, right?  I can do anything. 

Then, there is this kind of interior sorting going on.  What do I believe?  Religion, which is supposed to be downright serious, can be quite kooky.  And quirky.  And a lot of it doesn't make sense intellectually.  I've got all sorts of questioning going on that would probably make most Christians' hair stand on end.  I mean questions above and beyond my usual unorthodox beliefs.  Right now the entire gospel of John is one big question mark.   (This is good, right?  This is growth.)

Greg comes home tomorrow.  He's sequoiaman today, hiking around with eyes turned up.  Meanwhile, the plumber is here, massively redoing the kitchen piping, dangerously close in the family room to my beautiful little office space I've carved out.  So.  I'm displaced--working in the living room.  Wonderful thing, wireless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home