My love sends me greetings from an internet cafe. He's walking the alpine meadows without me this week. He tells me about all I'm missing there in Northern California. He says my tribe is there. Don't I know it. Sometimes I wonder about this life in the heartland, where I have to travel for an hour to find a food coop, where I'm surrounded by flat farm fields, where I can only recycle 1s and 2s when the world is full of 5s and 6s, where national candidates don't bother to stump because they know who'll carry the vote (and there is absolutely no pun intended there--this is gwland), where my faith community is an oasis in a land of people who believe far different things than I. But this is home, and my job is to find the commonalities and weave community, and this is minor compared to what most people have to deal with, right?
Wednesday, July 28, 2004
Previous Posts
- From PeaceSigns-The Peace and Justice Support Netw...
- "While washing the dishes, you might be thinking a...
- I have a lot of gratitude for a job which allows m...
- The boots It's been two weeks. One morning at...
- If I could take all the sunshine from an island be...
- "That prayer has great power which a person makes ...
- The Summer Schedule Today--one child leaves for a...
- It's hard to find time to blog this week. Do you ...
- Today I want to listen to people and set myself as...
- Okay, if I get one more bank account scamming emai...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home