Thursday, August 12, 2004

Waking up a little. I'm opening my eyes--looking around.

Reading: Red by Terry Tempest Williams

Watching: L'auberge Espagnole

Listening: Rock That Babe by The Mammals

Thinking about: All these details I'm missing all the time. Exactly what color was the sky yesterday evening? What's the harmony on that song? What did my husband just say to me? How do I describe those sunny highlights in my daughters hair? Exactly what is my son doing at the toy table behind me right now as he plays making boy noises? Could I really taste the lemongrass in that curry I made last night?


1 Comments:

Blogger Janice Bakke said...

I picked up a book today I'd not seen before, Journaling: A Spirit Journey by Anne Broyles (The Upper Room, 1988). Its tone is similar to your questions--a desire to recognize and remember, to contemplate through writing how "God most often meets us in the ordinary details of our lives." (p. 23)

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home