I wrote a friend today about becoming a deacon. How the brief little interlude in the worship service went well Sunday. How I felt for just a moment that I was part of something bigger than myself. This has been a strange year. I never would have thought in March that I'd be working part time outside the schools, deaconing, actually teaching beading to adolescent girls, having time to learn and develop a new way of looking at things (enter A Course in Miracles). And now there's this little whisper I hear now and then in the wind. It says seminary. Hmm.
Wednesday, November 05, 2003
Previous Posts
- THE AVOWAL As swimmers dare to lie face to th...
- The grass is deep by the river, very green, very l...
- I said to my soul, be still, and wait without hope...
- No place on earth I'd rather be... Last night Gre...
- Prayer was breath today, and emptiness, watching t...
- “I said to my soul, be still, and let the dark com...
- It's 40 degrees out under a steel sky. November, ...
- Let's say you are about to be consecrated as a dea...
- "How is one to live a moral and compassionate exis...
- Half-day at school. I'm giving oral math assessme...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home