Prayer was breath today, and emptiness, watching the road as I drove, no thoughts save those of the road. Yesterday prayer was supplication; for others and self. I've prayed when I've sung and prayed when I lost myself listening to the rhythm of guitars and banjoes. Long ago, I believed every prayer would be answered the way I wanted it to be, if only I had the faith. My mother taught me to say a quick prayer at the sound of a siren. The prayer I crave the most is that of deep silence, yet I barely know where to start. And if possible, I would that my life be one great prayer offered up to the One Who is Love, all the goodness and all the mistakes and pain I've caused, too. What is prayer for you?
Wednesday, October 29, 2003
Previous Posts
- “I said to my soul, be still, and let the dark com...
- It's 40 degrees out under a steel sky. November, ...
- Let's say you are about to be consecrated as a dea...
- "How is one to live a moral and compassionate exis...
- Half-day at school. I'm giving oral math assessme...
- Random questions that have run through my mind lat...
- On Sunday, I went to hear Chris Hedges speak. He ...
- I'm looking out my window right now. There's my b...
- "I do believe it is possible to create, even witho...
- Okay, so I haven't even reported on the highlight ...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home