Friday, October 17, 2003

Okay, so I haven't even reported on the highlight of my week (other than switching careers). On Monday night, I went down to Indianapolis to hear Michael Moore speak. Moore is the producer/director of "Bowling for Columbine." He jettisoned into infamy last spring with his Oscar acceptance speech. He's an inyourface type of guy with a lot of opinions that tick a lot of conservative people off and give heart to a lot of liberal people. I'm in the liberal camp. He spoke for almost two hours on President Bush, the war, Rush Limbaugh, his movies, politics, politics, politics. My new boss was at the event, which makes sense because the same grant that will shortly be paying my salary also paid for Michael Moore to speak. Anyway, my boss gave my companions and I VIP passes. We went backstage where I got to briefly meet Michael and shake his hand. I think the exchange lasted 30 seconds. For me it was timeless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home