Rus posted some interview questions on his blog. Here are my answers:
1.Where do you feel the safest and most emotionally nurtured? Your home or apartment, church, at your parent's house, your bedroom, etc.? Why?
Home. Definitely home, in the quiet half hour before my family awakes. Solitude just down the stairs from the people I love.
2. What is your idea of true romance?
Being in love with the person I married eighteen years ago. How lucky is that?
3. If you suddenly inherited $100 million what would you spend the rest of your life doing?
Two things:
a. Chairing a foundation to give a significant amount of the inheritance away to people who have innovative ideas for bettering the world and may not be able to secure mainstream grants.
b. Educating myself on alternative educational methods such as Waldorf or Montessori. Then I'd move my family to a town with a cutting edge alternative school and teach there.
4. If you could eat dinner with any three people in the world--living or dead--who would you choose? Why? And where would you eat? :-)
Jesus, Etty Hillesum, and Michael Franti. Jesus--well, I'd just like to hear everything from him directly, and absorb some of his ways. Etty Hillesum was an Auschwitz victim who left behind the most amazing journal. Michael Franti is a soul/hip hop artist from San Francisco who is a passionate social justice activist. The three together would make quite a dinner party. I'd invite them to my house and serve up some stir fry. Hopefully, after they left, I'd develop a clearer sense of direction.
5. You and I go to the grocery. I agree to buy any five items you want. What would you get? Rus, where did you get this one?
I'd request all the things I love and can't get in my small-town grocery store--organic milk, udon noodles, curry paste, coconut milk, and fresh lemongrass.
That's it! Thanks, Rus.
1.Where do you feel the safest and most emotionally nurtured? Your home or apartment, church, at your parent's house, your bedroom, etc.? Why?
Home. Definitely home, in the quiet half hour before my family awakes. Solitude just down the stairs from the people I love.
2. What is your idea of true romance?
Being in love with the person I married eighteen years ago. How lucky is that?
3. If you suddenly inherited $100 million what would you spend the rest of your life doing?
Two things:
a. Chairing a foundation to give a significant amount of the inheritance away to people who have innovative ideas for bettering the world and may not be able to secure mainstream grants.
b. Educating myself on alternative educational methods such as Waldorf or Montessori. Then I'd move my family to a town with a cutting edge alternative school and teach there.
4. If you could eat dinner with any three people in the world--living or dead--who would you choose? Why? And where would you eat? :-)
Jesus, Etty Hillesum, and Michael Franti. Jesus--well, I'd just like to hear everything from him directly, and absorb some of his ways. Etty Hillesum was an Auschwitz victim who left behind the most amazing journal. Michael Franti is a soul/hip hop artist from San Francisco who is a passionate social justice activist. The three together would make quite a dinner party. I'd invite them to my house and serve up some stir fry. Hopefully, after they left, I'd develop a clearer sense of direction.
5. You and I go to the grocery. I agree to buy any five items you want. What would you get? Rus, where did you get this one?
I'd request all the things I love and can't get in my small-town grocery store--organic milk, udon noodles, curry paste, coconut milk, and fresh lemongrass.
That's it! Thanks, Rus.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home