Three days, poolside. Three evenings hiking in the Adirondacks. It starts tomorrow. Greg is attending a seminar in upstate New York and I am tagging along, like a happy little pup. He'll be gone until four each afternoon, so I'll read, and read, and read some more. And then I'll find a little coffeehouse and hang out and mosey around the town. I'll pick him up and we'll strike out for the mountains. The kids, safe and comfy with good folks back here, will be able to keep their summer schedule (band, soccer, band, soccer). And Saturday, we'll trek on home. I hope to achieve my goal this trip of finding one superlative little vegetarian cafe. That would be the kind that we seem to lack here in northern Indiana. After all, this is New York we are talking about.
Here are the books in my pack so far: Austin and Mabel (thank you, James), Nagler's history of nonviolence (it looks really good!), Prodigal Summer on tape for the drive, The Sun My Heart by Thich Nhat Hanh, and maybe, maybe Etty Hillesum again. (She goes with me a lot on trips.) I'll hit the library later today because I need to browse the stacks a little more. It's a security thing. I may pick up Mutant Message from Down Under because I really liked that quirky little book a few years back, and, oh I don't know, some slice of life novel. Will I read them all? Does it matter on vacation?
Have a good week, folks.
Here are the books in my pack so far: Austin and Mabel (thank you, James), Nagler's history of nonviolence (it looks really good!), Prodigal Summer on tape for the drive, The Sun My Heart by Thich Nhat Hanh, and maybe, maybe Etty Hillesum again. (She goes with me a lot on trips.) I'll hit the library later today because I need to browse the stacks a little more. It's a security thing. I may pick up Mutant Message from Down Under because I really liked that quirky little book a few years back, and, oh I don't know, some slice of life novel. Will I read them all? Does it matter on vacation?
Have a good week, folks.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home