Friday, June 14, 2002

Greg and I went to see Monsoon Wedding last night. A breath of fresh air, it was. The culture, the colors, the aura of family. The idea that a couple can build a marriage from a parents' arrangement. Many sweet moments. Music, lively and haunting. People choosing to do the right thing.

The right thing. Redemption in ordinary life. These are the themes I look for. I want to see them played out again and again. Maybe if I emboss these themes into my brain, I think, I, too will be redeemed. Maybe I will have the courage to do the right thing.

I really do think that redemption occurs all the time. Lives change in small and great ways. Grace is extended and received, gratefully. I love when these instances are brought into the light. In movies, good. In real life, awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home