I ran today. I know, this doesn't sound like a great feat. And the truth is, I don't run, i jog. That's what my son told me the other day. I sang out, "I'll be right back. I'm going running!!" And I took off. Upon reentry, K. said, "Mom, that's not running, that's jogging." Touche'.
Every couple of years I do this. I decide to run. Different things impel me to do this. This time around, it was The Princess Diaries. I'm watching this movie with a ton of my daughter's preteenage friends, and all I notice is how great the mom looks. "Whoa. She's buff. Can I do that?" I think to myself. So now I'm running and doing some upper body stuff. Usually, I faithfully run for an average of three weeks, and then I quit. Things come up, you know. Important things. I can't remember what they are, though. So, this time, I am publicly declaring (to all five of you who read this) that I am running again. This way I'll feel bound to run.
When I ran this morning everything was golden, green and blue. Early summer. Here is what I enjoyed in order of...um...enjoyment:
1. the colors
2. the sunshine
3. my husband's company
4. the pounding of my feet on pavement (are my muscles driving those things?)
5. my mind stilled into the rhythm of the run (maybe this is number one, actually)
"In the sweet summertime, summertime...."
Every couple of years I do this. I decide to run. Different things impel me to do this. This time around, it was The Princess Diaries. I'm watching this movie with a ton of my daughter's preteenage friends, and all I notice is how great the mom looks. "Whoa. She's buff. Can I do that?" I think to myself. So now I'm running and doing some upper body stuff. Usually, I faithfully run for an average of three weeks, and then I quit. Things come up, you know. Important things. I can't remember what they are, though. So, this time, I am publicly declaring (to all five of you who read this) that I am running again. This way I'll feel bound to run.
When I ran this morning everything was golden, green and blue. Early summer. Here is what I enjoyed in order of...um...enjoyment:
1. the colors
2. the sunshine
3. my husband's company
4. the pounding of my feet on pavement (are my muscles driving those things?)
5. my mind stilled into the rhythm of the run (maybe this is number one, actually)
"In the sweet summertime, summertime...."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home