Time is running right through my hands and I can't do anything about it. For the first time in my life I realize that I am watching a group of kids grow up. Right in front of me. When I came here, they were seven years old. I taught them in Sunday School. Saturday, I watched them put on a production of Godspell. And they're all grown up, I swear it. They have their own set of rules and relationships. One of these children is leaving our town. He is one of ours, has been one of ours, and now he's leaving in the middle of high school. In the last supper scene, he, as Jesus, said his goodbyes to his disciples. And real life spilled over into fiction, as they all whispered their real goodbyes to him. The cast was in tears, the audience was in tears, and I can't get over that moment of timeloveandtenderness. I don't want time to stop, I just want to be here for it. Instead, I'm way too much in my head.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home