It's rather obvious by now that it's a holiday weekend and I have time on my hands. Hence, I'm blogging.
Let's see--church this morning, but I didn't feel very holy. Just tired and patient. I made a yummy mango salsa for a picnic this afternoon, and by golly it was a hit. Hours grading papers because it's report card time. Then the picnic.
Okay, okay, I know you want the mango salsa recipe so here it is:
Mango Salsa
1 mango (chopped up pretty small)
2 teaspoons red onion (chopped up really small)
1 medium garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons cilantro ( chopped up minutely)
Mix it all together gently and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours
It is best served with those blue corn chips that you get at the organic food store.
Here is who I hang out with at picnics in my town (as opposed to my home town where I still hang out with Greg's high school buddies and their wives--that's tomorrow's picnic): my husband (college professor), more college professors, conflict resolution folks, doctors and jewelry/health food store owners. They're all pretty much pacifist, simple-living, peace-loving folk. And I love them all.
Let's see--church this morning, but I didn't feel very holy. Just tired and patient. I made a yummy mango salsa for a picnic this afternoon, and by golly it was a hit. Hours grading papers because it's report card time. Then the picnic.
Okay, okay, I know you want the mango salsa recipe so here it is:
Mango Salsa
1 mango (chopped up pretty small)
2 teaspoons red onion (chopped up really small)
1 medium garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons cilantro ( chopped up minutely)
Mix it all together gently and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours
It is best served with those blue corn chips that you get at the organic food store.
Here is who I hang out with at picnics in my town (as opposed to my home town where I still hang out with Greg's high school buddies and their wives--that's tomorrow's picnic): my husband (college professor), more college professors, conflict resolution folks, doctors and jewelry/health food store owners. They're all pretty much pacifist, simple-living, peace-loving folk. And I love them all.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home