Just between you and me, I think I may be called back to teach next year. Each day I have a little more hope. :) And where would we be without hope, I ask??
In my house, the boys are off camping in the Canadian wilderness and the girls are at home. Yes, tomorrow, we will do the ritual mother/daughter bonding thing--shop. I'm embarrassed to say it, and we don't do it too often, but K. is twelve now and she wants to shop. So I count down my paychecks left until lay-off (which I secretly don't think will happen), six left, and I decide to shop with my girl. I know that what she secretly wants is not clothes, but a horse. I'm thinking someday she'll get one, but tomorrow we'll scout for some jeans shorts and non-belly shirts. Wish me luck.
In my house, the boys are off camping in the Canadian wilderness and the girls are at home. Yes, tomorrow, we will do the ritual mother/daughter bonding thing--shop. I'm embarrassed to say it, and we don't do it too often, but K. is twelve now and she wants to shop. So I count down my paychecks left until lay-off (which I secretly don't think will happen), six left, and I decide to shop with my girl. I know that what she secretly wants is not clothes, but a horse. I'm thinking someday she'll get one, but tomorrow we'll scout for some jeans shorts and non-belly shirts. Wish me luck.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home