Sunday, October 09, 2005

In the afternoon today, Greg and I took some time away and went hiking at Wildwood. The sun was warm on this coolish day, and the first thing we did was lay on the grass in the sun. I slept. Then off to hike the prairie grass and admire the migrating warblers in the brushy border of the woods.

There were plans tonight to see "The Corpse Bride," an early nod to the Dia de los Muertos, coming at the end of this month. But one child wants to stay home and the other has homework so we'll put it off for another day and hope that when we're ready to see it it will be playing at the dollar theater. I want to celebrate the Day of the Dead this year. Ever since I read "Animal Dreams," I've wanted to do it. I want to set up an altar and put pictures of our parents and relatives who died, and make their favorite foods and tell stories about them and celebrate their lives. More on this later in October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home