Thursday, October 06, 2005

In the little Catholic church, it's candles and incense. The practice is always the same; holy water, genuflect, walk to the front, light a candle, put money in the holder, walk back, slip in a pew and pull down the kneeler. Then time spent praying for those churches we work with in conflict and the denomination as a whole. It's ironic, going to the Catholics to pray for the Brethren, but I love it. I love being there; I feel centered and grateful the moment I walk in. This has been a sporadic discipline until lately, now it's become important as practice. It's the one moment in the week I feel connected.

A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home