Thursday, July 07, 2005

Home for 4 days then off to the great unknown for a vacation. And we truly don't know where we're going Sunday. Either north to Canada or south to North Carolina. I think this is the latest we've ever put off making a decision.

I'm coming to a bead class decision. I think I'm going to hand over the bead project to my beading partner, Judi, and teach parenting classes to the women in jail instead. There are some good reasons to do this. First of all, I'm working full time now and I just can't give up every Wednesday morning. Also, Judi and her aunt, who just retired from teaching art, want to expand it more into a women's arts program and will provide a variety of media for the women to work with, including the beads as a mainstay. They are awesome compassionate women, Judi and Viona, and the women will be in good hands. Finally, these women are crying out for parenting classes. They've asked for them, but the jail can't afford to pay anyone to do it. So I'll do it. I'll go in one week a month for a couple of nights and teach my basic parenting curriculum. I think the jail sergeant is excited about it. (Who wouldn't be? He said, hey the price is right!) Now instead of one program to help these women, we've created two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home