Just about on the eve of Annual Conference, where I have too many duties, I took the afternoon off and went to Lake Michigan with Greg and the kids. We purposely arrived late in the afternoon, missing the heat of the day. My kids are fish--in the water jumping waves the moment we got there. Me, I'm grounded--laying on the quilt in the sand or walking down the beach. Dinner at The Stray Dog (go there--run, don't walk!) and sunset over the water. We had a great time, laughing and playing, and crabbiness only occurred at the last minute, 11:15 pm, 20 minutes away from home. I treasure times like this.
Today, finish packing my conference box, hemming new black pants, laundry, packing, writing a last minute script, possibly running to Warsaw to Staples, collecting resources, cleaning off my desk, picking up the rental car. I leave at 7 am tomorrow, drive 5 hours, run out to the Peoria airport to pick up my eminent co-worker, Kim, and then the fun truly begins. I'll post when I can-be gone for 6 days. Fare thee well, friends.
Today, finish packing my conference box, hemming new black pants, laundry, packing, writing a last minute script, possibly running to Warsaw to Staples, collecting resources, cleaning off my desk, picking up the rental car. I leave at 7 am tomorrow, drive 5 hours, run out to the Peoria airport to pick up my eminent co-worker, Kim, and then the fun truly begins. I'll post when I can-be gone for 6 days. Fare thee well, friends.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home