Friday night, a gathering of women at Lynne's. Native American ritual around a campfire, and fascinating companions. My favorite part was definitely not the ritual, but the meal together afterward, and all the womentalk going on around me. There were some women who've had rough times there, sisters to my jail friends, and I listen hard while they tell me about their lives.
Last night, a bead party to raise funds for the jail. This was small, a completely new configuration of women, including the mother of the boy who liked my girl, but, alas, appears to have moved on. It was very fun and refreshing to be with a new crew in this very close, small town. There's a funky new little art shop here--the owner donated her space to me for the evening to have this gathering, and that was fun in itself. We all had a good time. I keep trying to convince people to go bowling with me, usually no takers, but I think this group will do it.
Last night, a bead party to raise funds for the jail. This was small, a completely new configuration of women, including the mother of the boy who liked my girl, but, alas, appears to have moved on. It was very fun and refreshing to be with a new crew in this very close, small town. There's a funky new little art shop here--the owner donated her space to me for the evening to have this gathering, and that was fun in itself. We all had a good time. I keep trying to convince people to go bowling with me, usually no takers, but I think this group will do it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home